- This event has passed.
Foundations of Socialist Feminism
April 28 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
This is a socialist feminist reading group open to women, non-binary people, and femme-identifying folks in Atlanta. Our goal is to explore the interconnectedness of gender, sexuality, reproduction, both paid and unpaid labor, race, and class from an explicitly socialist-feminist standpoint.
Our second study group meeting will explore the history and background of Socialist Feminism— “Foundations Socialist Feminism?” Continue below for this unit’s reading list & important meeting logistics info (dates/location/parking/virtual attendance/potluck!)
“Women, the State and Revolution” (1993) by Wendy Z. Goldmann pages 1-13, 29-43 (Recommended to finish the chapter)
“Make Way for the Winged Eros” by Alexandra Kollontai
– View the entire syllabus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QD9QdnkdVlE9QAKDCT0jVYnAJ2VqPvHfmGqS9a6moX4/edit
– Don’t miss the Glossary of the Left: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aHGGEtT-hCMZlMARF-eQEZHXd6lJHI3eDkdtyQpQbf4/edit?usp=sharing
* This meeting will take place Sunday afternoon from 2-4pm.
* We will be holding our discussions at the American Friends Service Committee office, which is located a short walk from the Five Points MARTA Station. Street parking is free during the times we are meeting. The meeting room is on the fifth floor with an accessible entrance. Please try to arrive on time. We will have someone on ‘door duty’ to let folks in until 2:15pm. If no one is at the door, call (304) 506-3809 and we will send someone down to let you in. (This number will be posted on the door, it is the MADSA google voice number)
* For folks unable to attend in person, we will share a zoom meeting link that will allow you to join the discussion virtually.
* This is an optional potluck! Bring a snack to share if you are able, but don’t let that stop you from coming. 🙂
Subscribe to these events with this ical feed.